Monday, September 14, 2009

Simplicity

I am just now beginning to figure out that the best things in life are the simple things. For example...For Gabe's and my date on Friday night, we went over to Scera Park and played frisbee and Kubb! It was honestly one of the best dates we've had in a very long time! Not only did we have that time to just visit and laugh, but it didn't cost us one cent! And to top it off the Scera outdoor theater that night was Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band (one of my faves!) Let me share some more examples of my favorite simple things...my childrens kisses, taking family walks, swinging, blowing bubbles, smelling flowers, painted toenails, holding hands, chocolate, playing games with Gabe, laughter, rain, a good nights sleep (not simple but VERY nice!), Cannon's smile, singing, making cupcakes with Ember and my list could go on and on. Its taking me a while but I am learning to not crowd and complicate my life, but rather step back, watch, listen, not get all worked up over "spilled milk" and to just keep it simple!

5 comments:

Steven Terry said...

What a fun date! Sometimes those ones where you can just hang out alone like the OLD days are the best dates! Love you amy and lets get together soon! -Savs

alison said...

Lovely Thoughts Amy! So true...we would have less stress and more laughter if we could just simplify!

Dixie Packer said...

so true, what a great way to think.

Crystal Price said...

I found you:)

The Duckworth Family said...

ditto girl! Thanks for the reminder!