Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spotlighting Ember!

Ember and I have a game we play often. Its the "what was your favorite part of the day?" game. She normally initiates this game. So she asked me today and I told her that my favorite part was taking her to the pet store. She then replies, "oh mom, thanks. You're the best mom ever!" now, mind you, she's not telling me thank you because I took her to the pet store, but because I told her that doing something with HER was my favorite part. She sure knows how to boost my ego. She sure puts a smile (or laugh) on my face too! A little bit ago, we had our lawn aerated. She sees all these little dirt clumps on our grass and starts to "fix" it by putting the clumps back in the wholes! (I guess that pretty much defeats the purpose of the aeration!) Her favorite things in the whole world are making Cannon laugh, CANDY, riding her tricycle, playing little games on the computer, and making cookies with me. We make cookies about once a week and she's getting to be quite the chef! She really loves "our time" (she actually calls it "me and us" time)---when Jenna and Hunter are in school and Cannon is napping. She loves to create things and is so much fun! I love you Ember!










My beautiful mommy!
(just thought i'd stick this one in from my last post.)

4 comments:

The Terry's said...

That's so cute! By the way, I love your new picture header of your family. It is beautiful of all of you! If you want me to I can add one of those pretty things at the bottom-- like how mine says families are forever. Let me know. It's pretty easy. I love you and miss you. I've been kind of anti social lately 'cause Kate is sick! :( I feel so bad for her. When she gets better lets play again!

campblondie said...

That's Tess's favorite part of the day too. When it's just us. It's no easy feet being the third.

Friesslings said...

Amy, I love you and miss you guys so much...I can't believe how much Ember has grown. She is beautiful, but I guess beautiful kids come from seriously gorgeous parents! I love spending that one on one time with my kidos too!

The Duckworth Family said...

She is so cute. I look forward to having a little more one on one time with certain kids next year now that they will be in school. And I cant' remember if I already commented or not on your last post, but way to go going to Arizona on your own. And to realize it's not as hard as it sounds! I'm always telling people (mostly women and moms) trips can be suprisingly enjoyable....takes a little patience, some preparation and ingnoring cries once in awhile! Way to go!