Tuesday, November 18, 2008

skating mishap

I was just trying to be a good mom, and take Hunter roller skating last night!! We had just gotten on the rink (this was Hunter's first time skating) and so Hunter was holding on tightly to my hand. So when he fell, I went down with him. I knew right away that I had hurt my wrist, I just wasn't sure exactly until about an hour later, the E.R. doc informed me my wrist is broken. I couldn't believe it! They splinted me all up, gave me some nice meds, and sent me home. Feeding time with Cannon and changing his diapers (and typing--one handed!) are whole new experiences! Ember helped me change him this morning, bless her heart! Luckily, Gabe's schedule is flexible and he has been home most of the day to help me! My Relief Society President and my mom both brought in dinners tonight. So thoughtful! I told Hunter I'd take him skating another time--he insisted that he wants his dad to take him instead--fine with me!

7 comments:

The Terry's said...

Oh Amy!! I feel so bad. If you need anything let me know! Was this just a way to try and get more free dinners coming in?? haha jk. So the tag thing works like this, Go into your picture section on your computer, click on the third folder, and then within that folder click on the third picture.... Then write about the story behind that picture. I hope you get feelin better! I love you!

Paul and Angela Baird said...

Amy. I'm sorry about your wrist. I can't imagine! It's been so long since I've been on your blog. It was fun to get updated on your life. It would be wonderful to get together. I still haven't met Cannon. My little Lydee-Bug has pink eye, so maybe when that clears up we could come over for a visit!

Dixie Packer said...

oh no, i'm sorry. that sounds like quite a challenge to take care of a baby with only one hand. it is lucky that Gabe has had the chance to be home to help a little.

reyesohana said...

Hey Amy - thanks again for the call the other night - It looks like we may have to wait until after Thanksgiving to get together. We'd love to though!!!

campblondie said...

Yikes! I vote for Hunter's plan, Gabe should do it next time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! This is Leni from Va beach. I hope you still remember me : ) I found your blog through Savannah's.You have a wonderful family there and your kids are soo adorable. I had to add your family to our blog list ( I hope you don't mind) have a great week..take care and regards to Gabe.

Kathy said...

Oh Amy!!! I hope you feel better soon and get all healed! Me and ice skating never got along well...what a good mom you are though to take him skating! Get well soon!